We promised a second August show, and we delivered! It helps that Minnesota did their part to create buzz by signing hometown hero Matt Cullen to be their fourth-line center. To discuss that and more, Tony sat down with Derek, who you may know as @StateOfStats on Twitter.
- Matt Cullen's signing in Minnesota
- Where Cullen fits in on the depth chart
- Can Cullen succeed outside of Pittsburgh?
- Can he fix the Wild's penalty kill?
- The Wild's forward lineup being set
- Will the Wild give Marcus Foligno 3 years on his next deal?
- Minnesota's surprisingly high showing on Corey Pronman's prospect rankings
- Minnesota's severe lack of prospect death
- Kirill Kaprizov's amazing skill
- Kirill Kaprizov's not-so-amazing chances of coming to North America soon
- Luke Kunin vs. Joel Eriksson Ek
- Jordan Greenway's status as a top prospect
- Re-visiting the Alex Tuch trade
- Summer beers
- What our last meals would be
- Whether Minnesota can re-sign Mikael Granlund at the end of his contract
Follow Derek on Twitter @StateOfStats, and his prediction bot @Computron_NHL. You can find Tony on Twitter @OhHiTony.
If you want to support the podcast, you can subscribe to us on your favorite podcasting app, tell your friends about our show, and take a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review! We appreciate any support!
We'll see you soon!
Direct download: HWP_116_Cullens_Coming_Home_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 10:38pm EDT