It's crunch time for the Minnesota Wild. Time for them to show what they're made of, and all that stuff. Maybe something about grit. I don't know. Playing the right way probably would help. What the hell am I even saying right now?
Anyway, Minnesota is fighting for their playoff lives after going down 3-0 in the series to start. A win on Wednesday bought them some time, but they still need to win 3 straight against a goalie that has pretty much slammed the door on the Wild this series.
Tony sat down on Thursday night to talk about where things went wrong, the reasons Minnesota has for hope, and answers a ton of mailbag questions.
- A quick rundown of the series
- Stupid Jake Allen
- How the Wild out-played St. Louis
- Devan Dubnyk's strong series
- Why Tony is confident Minnesota can pull off the "Reverse Sweep"
- Is Mike Yeo really coaching well this series?
- Minnesota's Black Aces- should any of them play?
- Mikko Koivu's Selke nomination
- Who should Koivu run in Game 5?
- Tony argues passionately against firing Chuck Fletcher
- While he's at it, he argues passionately for Martin Hanzal, who is good
- Why hasn't Granlund risen to the occasion?
- Do the Wild really lack a superstar? And does that matter?
- And a ton of fun nonsense questions
If you want to show the Hockey Wilderness Podcast some love, start by subscribing to our show on your favorite podcast platform. We're on iTunes, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Podcast Addict- all your favorites and more!
Please take a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review! It takes just minutes, but it helps more people find our show. Speaking of which, a great way to have more people find out about us is you telling them! Let your friends know about your favorite Wild podcast!
That's all for this week, we'll be back next week with a special guest.