Jun 19, 2017
It's here! After months of speculation, of trade rumors, of
positioning and jockeying to preserve as many players for the
Expansion Draft, the day has finally arrived for GMs to put their
cards on the table and decide who they don't want the Vegas Golden
Knights to swipe from their rosters.
The Minnesota Wild were no exception, and they had to make some
incredibly difficult decisions as to who to protect, and who to
expose. Tony and Joe sat down right after those
decisions were made public to discuss them at length.
- The Minnesota Wild's massive trade this week! How will Tyler
Graovac's loss impact the roster?
- The Minnesota Wild finishing in second for the Jonathan Drouin
- Drouin's contract, and whether we'd want to take a risk on
- Minnesota's trade rumors with Montreal
- The (apparently very real) steam surrounding flipping Scandella
- Would losing both Brodin and Scandella really be as bad as the
- Why the Wild's "kids" should stop being seen as kids in trade
- The Wild's over-attachment to their roster in general
- We go over Minnnesota's protection list
- How Jason Pominville's (probable) refusal to waive his No-Move
Clause hurts the team
- Why Pominville's refusal to waive is perfectly reasonable
- Could Erik Haula be the perfect player for Vegas to claim?
- Were the Wild right to expose Eric Staal?
- Minnesota choosing Jonas Brodin over Matt Dumba
- Can the Wild still bribe Vegas to avoid snagging one of their
- What's the best-case scenario for Minnesota
- Oh, yeah! The NHL Entry Draft is also this week!
And much more!
If you want to support the show, please subscribe on your
favorite podcast app. Don't forget to take a few moments to go
rate and review us on iTunes- the 5th star is our favorite. Let
your friends know about us, too! We really appreciate that.
We'll see you next week!